This weekend, I will be in Denver co-leading a workshop at the HOW Design Conference called, Chaos to Clarity: Creating Your One-Page Business Plan. I am partnering with Creative Coach RaShelle Roberts for the workshop, and will be joining her team at inVision -- providing coaching to creative professionals. And will of course continue servicing my clients through my own firm, Judah S. Kurtz | Coaching & Consulting.
Here is a sneak peek of some of the content of our workshop. While it is geared toward the design community, this material is relevant for any person -- for both your career and for the design of your business.
The Six Cs: The Purpose of a Business Plan
CLARIFY – To clarify your vision for what you want to create and why. As design professionals, you may just be happy being paid to do what you love. However, it’s important to take this a step further and create a vision for where you want to take your career. Whether you are a business leader, work within a firm, or operate independently, take the time to get clear about where you envision you and your business going. Rather than pushing, you’ll feel yourself being pulled toward your vision.
- Are you where you’d like to be?
- Have you defined your vision and mission?
- Have you taken the time to clarify your values?
- Are you honoring what’s important to you?
- Do you know what you want to accomplish?
- Do you know what gets in your way?
- Do you know what you need to be successful?
- Have you identified which habits no longer serve you?
- Do you know who to share your business plan with?
- Are you willing to be honest with the people that matter?
- Do you understand the importance of commitment?
- Are you willing to do what it takes to make your business really thrive?
I look forward to discussing this rich topic with you further. I'm also happy to work with you individually on defining your vision, mission, values, milestones/goals, and plan for action -- as part of your planning process for your career and/or business. Feel free to contact me for a FREE 30 minute consultation to discuss what you are creating, answer your questions, and see if we are a fit.